WBC Silver heavyweight title holder, Dillian Whyte has called out fellow British boxer of Nigerian descent, Anthony Oluwafemi Olaseni Joshua.
Whyte expressed his desire to take on yet-to-be-defeated Joshua for the second time in his professional boxing career after he secured victory over Joseph Parker on Saturday night via a unanimous decision at The O2 Arena.
“I’d like to fight Joshua in a rematch but there are things I’ve got to work on. If he wants it, he can have it. I’m the Can Man!” Whyte says.
“We’ll be ready but we would like one more before that, I might get out again in November or December. I don’t want to go into a fight waiting so long.”
The ‘Body Snatcher’ feels he has improved since losing to Joshua almost 3 years ago
Whyte, 30 continues: “I am still so inexperienced, I make a lot of mistakes. I’ve still got a lot to learn. Let’s see what Eddie (Hearn) can throw my way. I’ve improved (since losing to Joshua). There’s still another 40 per cent to come.”
More to come from Whyte
Whyte was floored 30 seconds from the end of an absorbing encounter that saw him twice put Parker down in an impressive performance in London.
It was the first time Whyte had been down since losing to Joshua in December 2015. And even if it moved him closer to a world title challenge, he feels it proved he still has more to come.
“I am annoyed I slipped at the final hurdle in the last round, but it’s a learning process,” he says. “I was rocked and took a knee. When I got rocked by Joshua I just kept fighting.”
Joshua knocked Whyte out in the seventh round in the two fighters’ last meeting. That defeat remains his sole loss till date in his 25 fights. Although Whyte had triumphed when the duo previously fought within the amateur rankings in 2009.
Next up for Joshua for the WBA, IBF, WBO and IBO heavyweight titles is Alexander Povetkin on the 22nd of September at the Wembley Stadium in the UK.
Don’t forget to bookmark and follow us on our social media channels.