Born into the family of Late Richard Ekegbu, Eze Ndigbo in Obigbo, Rivers State, Princewill Chimezie Richards is the Leader of the Biafra Nations League (BNL).
TOP MEDIA reports that Richards was bred in Abuja by his stepsister/aunt, a senior civil servant of the Federal Ministry of Transportation who passed away in 2013.
Princewill Chimezie Richards Age
Princewill Chimezie Richards was born on May 25, 1994.
Princewill Chimezie Richards Education
• Attended Model Primary School, Kubwa District, Bwari Area Council, Abuja
• Attended Junior Secondary School Kubwa, Abuja.
• Attended Senior Secondary School Boys and Girls (Boarding House), Kuduru in Bwari, Abuja.
• Left Bwari at SS3, to write his SSCE at Government Secondary School Uke, Karu LGA, Nassarawa State.
• Sat again for SSCE at Starlight Education Centre, Suleja, Niger State, after his result were cancelled.
EXPULSION AND ARREST IN SECONDARY SCHOOL
Known in GSS Bwari as “Ichie 1” by other students.
Expelled by the School authority along with 78 other students mostly Christians with excuses of failing Maths or English, Adamu Baba the then Principal of the school vowed to flush out cultists terrorising the school, according to him, whoever fails either Maths or English or the both is a cultist and would be expelled. It was suspected that the School authority decided to use that as a means of expelling Christian students when after crisis rocked the school over Muslim students that took over school head boy and head girl and other prefects’ position.
Princewill contested two prefects positions and lost to Muslim students.
He was expelled for scoring pass mark in Maths, a difference of 1 mark to credit the subject.
Muslim students who failed both subjects were retained, however, there was anxiety and sober reflection, which resulted in protest by Igbo-speaking staff who matched to the Principal’s office to lament about how Muslim students were retained, but the Principal was heard shouting and ordering them out of his office, many left the school and some decided to remain including him, violence started in the school dining as himself and other expelled students who refused to leave made sure they disorganized the dining to deprive remnants students from feeding.
Series of attempts by the Police and School Vigilante group to get them arrested failed, until they were rounded up in the exam hall during pre-SSCE (Mock), tortured and handed to the Police, when taking to the Police hilux, he escaped with one other person to a nearby village called Kuchiko in Niger State and never returned.
In 2019 a video went viral showing the current Principal of the school Mrs Favor Edem-Nse appealing to all old students to come together again and share together all past memories, Mrs Edem-Nse inaugurated the old student body, and at the inauguration she removed the names of those affected by Adamu Baba’s action from the school blacklist.
• Got admission into Niger State University, Lakpai.
Princewill Chimezie Richards Life
Princewill Chimezie Richards left Lakpai in 2013 after a Boko Haram terrorist attack in Minna, Niger State.
• Attended Temple gate Polytechnic, Abayi, Aba, Abia State. Dropped out from Temple Gate to start trading.
• Escaped Nigeria Independence Day multiple bomb explosion that rocked Eagles Square, Abuja, on 1st October 2010 during the calisthenics boys display.
• Escaped Nigeria Police Headquarters bomb attack in 2011 during his return from Nassarawa State.
• Expelled by School Authority and Arrested in Government Secondary School Bwari, Abuja along with 20 others by the Police on the instruction of the School Principal, Alhaji Adamu Baba.
• Apprehended by soldiers along with his close colleague from Ukwuani, Delta State, Kingsley Thomas in Uke polling unit, Nassarawa State during the 2011 Presidential election.
Tortured and released at the end of voting after pleadings were tendered by INEC officials mainly Igbo-speaking.
Princewill Chimezie Richards’ Wife And Children
Information about Richards’ wife and children is unavailable as of the time of publishing this report.
Princewill Chimezie Richards Biafra Agitation
• Joined Biafra struggle in 2012, his first day in Enugu State.
Arrested along with 105 members including the leader of the Biafra Zionist Federation (BZF) in Enugu in 2012, went to prison for one month.
• Apprehended in Ikang-Cameroon border area Bakassi Peninsula by Nigeria Troops of OPERATIONS DELTA SAFE in 2016 during BNL program, detained in DSS Custody for three days.
• Re-arrested by Nigeria Police Force in Ikang, Bakassi and handed to the Cross River State Commissioner, detained for one week.
Editor’s Note: The information in this article was obtained from BNL sources. All details cannot be independently verified by TOP MEDIA or its editorial team.