The Nigerian Institution of Environmental Engineers (NIEE), Lagos State Chapter says it will work with the government at all levels and actively contribute to the growth of technologies that will impact the nation’s environment favourably.
TOP MEDIA reports that the new leader of the Institution, Engineer Yusuf Majolagbe, stated this on Wednesday while giving his inaugural speech at his Investiture Ceremony as the 5th Chairman of the body in Lagos.
Majolagbe said that the NIEE Lagos is ready to collaborate with governments at various levels, private organisations, and other relevant stakeholders to develop smart policies and guidelines that align with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to achieve a Lagos that would guarantee prosperity for all generations.
According to him, the practice of engineering, by its nature, impacts the environment in some ways.
“Our society must realise that physical/regional planning and land use matter, chemical processes, electricity generation, transmission and distribution, mechanical vehicular discharges, and everything around us directly or indirectly impact our environment,” Majolagbe said.
Furthermore, the new Lagos NIEE chief expressed his gratitude to his predecessor, Engr. Mrs. Abiola Kosegbe for her unwavering support, pledging to build on her successes and ensure capacity building for members of the body.
Majolagbe, a Wastewater Management expert, had been announced as the new helmsman of the NIEE Lagos State division at its Annual General Meeting (AGM) held last October.
His emergence was ratified on Wednesday at The Radisson Blu Hotel, GRA, Lagos.
An MSc holder in Oil and Gas from the University of Aberdeen, Scotland, Majolagbe has over 13 years of experience in the environment sector, especially in the area of Wastewater Management.
He had his early career at the International Human Resources Development Corporation (IHRDC)/Chevron where he helped the multinational energy organisation significantly increase its total daily oil production in Nigeria.
Check out the full list of the new executive members of the NIEE Lagos State Chapter below:
1. Chairman – Engr. Yusuf Majolagbe
2. Vice Chairman – Engr. Mrs Helen Lanke Taiwo
3. Secretary – Engr. Ibrahim Mumeen
4. Treasurer – Engr. Anise Olaniyi
5. Financial Secretary – Engr Abidemi Yusouff
6. Technical Secretary – Engr Oladele Fadipe
7. Assistant Technical Secretary – Engr. Osilamah Osuma
8. Publicity Secretary – Engr Omoefe Kudehinbu
9. Membership Secretary – Engr. Seyi Adebayo
10. Assistant General Secretary – Engr. Ridwan Ifayemi
11. Ex Officio I – Engr. Mrs Abiola Kosegbe
12. Ex Officio II – Engr. Dr. Muritala Ibrahim
13. Ex Officio III – Engr. Olawale Akinsanya